Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Catch up and On Demand unavailable (V273)

Hi

I have two V6 boxes.  On the one directly connected to the router I have full service but on my second box I have never had catch up or on demand.  Other apps like Netflix and iPlayer do work.  I am using VM supplied powerline adapters to connect the second box via ethernet. I have also tried using WIFI but get the same problem.

Has anyone any ideas why everything works on my first box but not these services don't work on my second box.  I'm really disappointed with this not working as I'm only with VM for a little over a month and I would have thought this would be a standard configuration.

I have already rebooted the box several times, ran the network diagnostics and the last attempt for the network connection was 11:43 on 1/11/20 which succeeded.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Catch up and On Demand unavailable (V273)

If your box's internet connection has proven ok, that's half the battle!

If you have 2 boxes - an easy test is to swap the boxes round. See if the problem follows the box (proving a fault) or stays with the location?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Catch up and On Demand unavailable (V273)

Thanks for the response.  I swapped the boxes and the second box presented the catch up services etc.  I moved them back to their original locations and they now both work. 

I can't understand why the network port it was connected to will have made a difference.

0 Kudos