cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catch up/On demand error 669

jmac862
Tuning in

Hi

When trying to access Catch up or On demand video we are getting a ‘This show is temporarily unavailable… ‘ message with 669 in the bottom right of the pop up box. If I try, I can sometimes gain access for a show by recycling the power to the box and re-trying immediately.

This isn’t a practical solution and I’d like to get it sorted. This happens on both of our V6 boxes. We have also recently upgraded to a Hub 4, however I cannot recall if this is coincident with the problem or not.

John

John McKenna
Ex RAF Ex NHS now retired and loving it...
6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Trying to "connect to VM services now" via the Network Connections screen (Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network) immediately after getting this error, would be a good experiment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks japitts tried to no effect... tried just after a 'successful' connection but no joy.

Only the power toggle seems to get the function back, and that's for a unknown but limited (<24 hours) period. The 669 error code is not found anywhere I've looked. I was gonna spend some time trying to investigate the period that the power toggle has its effect but that seems pointless. I need a more definitive answer.

Regards

John

John McKenna

I've automated the power reset fix by connecting the V6 box via a smart plug and set up an Alexa routine to recycle the power every morning. This approach is not at all reliable as accessing Catch up content still becomes 'unavailable' at seemingly random intervals and I have to manually reset the power to regain it.

I'm also concerned that this frequent recycling of the power is going to reduce the life of the V6 box, so a more reasonable fix is preferable...

Is there anything else I might do to diagnose/fix this fault?

Regards

John

John McKenna

Hi jmac862, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear that you're having issues using the catch up service.  I would like to take a closer look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Well, it's been over a month now and I've had no contact with the outbound team or with any other team or individual from VM.

The problem continues and only a power reset alleviates it for an unknown but short period. I have inserted a smart plug into the supply for the V6 and adopted a strategy of recycling the power just before I want to view any catch up media.

However, this obviously isn't a solution. So, does anyone, in a team or not, have a possible fix that I could try?

Thank you

John

John McKenna

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi jmac862, 

Thank you for reaching back out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you are still having issues with the service. 

I am going to pop you over a private message to take a few details and investigate this matter further. 

Speak soon, 

Nat