Menu
Juventino
Up to speed
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Catch-up/On Demand Services

Can someone let me know what I should be checking for if a V6 box constantly fails to access on-demand and catch-up services. It always seems to work again after I reboot the machine but it needs that doing everyday and frankly that is a pain. The box has a wired connection to the router, I have replaced the cable but it doesn't make a difference. When I check the network connection it is always good. Incidentally, I have 2 boxes, the other one is wired via a power line adapter connection and works fine.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Catch-up/On Demand Services

OnDemand (which includes CatchUp) uses the internet, so this sounds like your internet connection is dropping.

Your V6 connects to your homehub, and then onwards to the internet. The first place to check is Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, there's 2 things in this screen that I suspect you probably already realise.

The top-right reports the connection status, the top-left timestamps the box's (normally 6hourly) updates home. What's happening in here?

If you've swapped the Ethernet cable for a new one, you might be unlucky with 2 dodgy cables, but there's a possibility the socket on your V6 is duff - it's rare, but not impossible. Try reseating the cable at both ends (i.e. the V6 and your router) to be sure.

If you have 2 boxes in your home, try swapping them around and see where the problem follows.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Juventino
Up to speed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Catch-up/On Demand Services

Thanks japitts, I'll take another look. It's the fact that a reboot makes it work perfectly...at least temporarily, that doesn't make sense, cables and sockets just do or don't work I would have thought.

0 Kudos