Menu
Rumscot
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Catch Up on Virgin Media TV6

IS IT POSSIBLE to go to Guide, backtrack to a programme earlier in the day, which has finished some 2 hours ago, and displays the Catch up 'C' icon, and replay it immediately WITHOUT going through the Home Catch Up scenario and finding that you cannot identify the series and episode number and waste time trying to locate the programme.

If YES.....HOW ? because it does not seem to work

if NO .. WHY? because it would be so simply.

Help

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Catch Up on Virgin Media TV6

Hi Rumscot,

I just used the guide on the V6, went back to the Chase (with the C for catchup) clicked on the program, then clicked on Watch from Catch Up. On the next screen I clicked on Watch Now and the program played. I also did the same with Tipping Point - both programs were the episodes that aired earlier today.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The CatchUp logo in the EPG indicates he programs that are going to be available on VOD.

Once the program is loaded onto the VOD platform, the data is changed so the menu option shows "Watch from CatchUp" and is a direct link to the VOD asset.

Until that happens, "Goto CatchUp" at least let's you browse the VOD menus, and sometimes the program you want will be available before the EPG is updated.

I don't know exactly what triggers this update, but the EPG is updated several times during the day, and your box calls home roughly every 6 hours.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Rumscot
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for the advice
0 Kudos
Rumscot
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick reply and advice. Off to experiment.
0 Kudos