Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Catch Up and OnDemand freezing

At present I have 2 boxes in the house. One works fine but the living room box has stopped playing catch up and on demand. 

When I select the program to watch it starts and plays one or two adverts and then freezes up.

I have restarted the box several times and also restarted my hub but the issue is still there.

I have no issues at all with the bedroom box, both catch up and on demand work fine.

Please help as its taking an eternity to get through on the phone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Catch Up and OnDemand freezing

I'm going to hazard a guess that your "non-working" box is connected to a 4K UHD TV?

If so, disregard the lack of an error code and follow the advice on https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/604 

Industry-standard HDCP 2.2 is now a requirement in order to view VOD in 2160p, if some equipment isn't compatible then this black-screen after the lead-in adverts is one of the symptoms that can result.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much for the help. This is indeed the case. I have an older 4K tv and now catch up and on demand are no longer working on the 2160p setting. 

Reduced it to 1080p and hey presto all working again. 

Gives me an excuse to look for a new toy 👍

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Great stuff. Quite a few older 4K UHD TVs only support HDCP 2.2 on one HDMI port, the users manual will often specify which one.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos