Menu
tdmsk10
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Catch Up TV

I have lost the catch up facility on one of my V6 boxes. Was working fine up until  about a couple of weeks ago.  It's still fine and working satisfactorily on my other V6 box.  I have re-booted, reset etc. Even had it turned off overnight and rebooted next day, Still unable to watch catch up in the master room.  Any solutions please? thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Catch Up TV

How is your non-working V6 connected to your homehub? Is it WiFi or Ethernet?

Follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, in the top-right, does it report connected? In the top-left it should timestamp the most recent network connection in the preceeding 6hours, or the reason for failure. What is it reporting?

You can try forcing a manual network connection using "Connect to Virgin Media now" at the bottom, but it needs a working connection in order for this to work.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
NPP
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Try following these instructions (even if it isn't showing error 604)

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/604

=========
I work for Virgin Media but all opinions are my own
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Good point, when you say your OnDemand has stopped working, what exactly is happening?

If it's playing the lead-in adverts then returning you to the previous menu... AND you're using a 4K TV, then @NPP potentially has the solution for you.

If this isn't what's happening, can you detail your symptoms?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks