Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Cant verify on setup V6 replacement

Hello, im writing this on behalf of my 88 year old grandmother who has now been without TV for 8 days, she was sent a replacement V6 box last Thursday as apparently that was the problem, there was no new remote control with the replacement box and i had to phone back as the old one wouldn't work with it and we couldn't run the setup...So a replacement remote was apparently ordered on Thursday (Still not arrived) I bought one from Amazon yesterday which came today.

So i setup her new box and was able to press continue with the remote i bought, however it stays on the installing software screen and the last section (Verifying) keeps failing and bringing up an error saying there was a problem with the connection, network could not connect (c219)

I have checked and rechecked all the cables are in properly, the ethernet cable that is connected to the v6 box from the router works fine i tried it on a pc and it works fine.

My grandmother is bed bound and to be without TV for 8 days so far is an absolute disgrace, now we cant talk to anyone on the phone as it claims the call centers are closed due to covid.

Any help is apprecaited

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cant verify on setup V6 replacement

Hi Aecavanagh,

Replacement boxes usually need activating and usually show the error 7400.

The error code c219 as you rightly indicates is normally due to cabling issues.

The remote from the orginal should have worked if had been reset to factory state and then paired with the new box 😞

The call centres are still open and agents are also working form home.

You should be able to get the box activated by calling 0800 953 9500. You may need the box serial number, and the account and area number.

If that fails then it's back to the main call centre number  and you need to contact  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation.

That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Aecavanagh,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues with the V6 box, I've been able to locate your account using your forum details and can see you've been able to arrange a technician visit for this.

Please let us know how this goes.

Alex_Rm

Dialled in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

V6 failing on verifying happens if there is no signal on the white coax cable.  So triple check this connection.  But it might be that you really do have a signal fault or the cable is broken in which case I'm afraid you'll have to wait for the technician.

=========
I work for Virgin Media but all opinions are my own
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex, thanks for reply, im having an absolute nightmare, my granny has decided she wants to cancel her TV and not wait for the engineer as that will be two weeks without TV and for someone bed bound its not good enough, we have setup a freeview box instead which she is happy with now, ive been getting the run around all morning on the phone, twice ive been told i need to redial a number which ive dialed twice already, she wants to remove the TV from her package and possibly phone too depending on the price difference of bill. Can you help?

This forum has been more helpful than the hours and hours ive spent on the phone with several people

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

"V6 failing on verifying happens if there is no signal on the white coax cable. So triple check this connection. But it might be that you really do have a signal fault or the cable is broken in which case I'm afraid you'll have to wait for the technician."

That's what i figured myself, but getting the other person to understand what im saying on the phone was impossible

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Really sorry for the delay in getting back in touch. 

Has this been sorted since your post? 

If not please can you send me a message with your full address as I'm afraid I've been unable to locate your account from here. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos