Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cant set up remote for volume

New box (V6) arrived this morning . I  am aware I need program remote to control volume, after setup there was no option at the end of setup to do this (book said there would be)

so I’ve read through options to add manually on forum and found how to BUT when I go to Help & Settings > Help > ....... Nothing !

I have No option to do anything with help so definitely don’t have the ‘set up remote’ option soooo what now when there’s zero options in my help menu ? 

Also just noticed I’m missing MANY Channels I usually have !!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cant set up remote for volume

Hi PurplePixie

Click on Home > Help & Settings > Help > Virgin TV at the very top of the screen, 2nd from left click on Program Your Remote

Then again using your remote control, click on TV Care - it's the option next to  Program Your Remote

Help & Settings > Help > Virgin T> go up to the top of the screen then TV Care ( ignore the message about the PIN not set and press OK) >  Missing Channels.? > Refresh my channels list

This may take around 15 minutes and you may need to reboot your V6

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi again PurplePixie,

You might also need to call 0800 953 9500 to activate the box. If so you will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

** VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the equipment you are installing. By doing this VM will be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This is exactly what I’ve been doing , I have No options at the top of the screen !

it is still only the movies , store , buy options that Don’t change 

as stated I select Help > Nothing changes and Zero options 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This would probably be awesomely successful! ...... IF I had any Help options available to me 😉 but Thankyou for trying I was just trying to avoid another 4 hours trying to get through to someone at virgin 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi PurplePixie

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

My apologies for the delayed reply and TV issue. Have you got this sorted since posting? If not, please see here

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos