Menu
PhilResteghini
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Cannot view recordings

I have two Tivo boxes. I find I cannot view recordings on either box from the other box. They appear to connect to each other as i get the list of My Shows and I can select the show I want but the screen goes blank when I press play then comes up with a message about problems playing and fault code V401. This happens regardless of time of day.

I have done all the swithching on and off stuff but to no avail. Help, please

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot view recordings

V401 is insufficient bandwidth to play recordings. This usually happens with dodgy WiFi connections or Powerline extender issues.

VM BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

PhilResteghini
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I don't have power line extenders and it  was working fine before. Why would the bandwidth reduce?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

When you say "It was working fine before" - before what? That's not meant to sound flippant, but trying to establish what might have changed.

Just checking, are you definitely using TiVo and not V6? If you're not sure, check here 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
PhilResteghini
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My Bad. They are both V6 boxes.

By "Before" I meant they always worked fine until a few days ago. Sort of around the time lockdown started.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Do you have any issues watching OnDemand programmes? They use the same V6>Hub connection that multiroom streaming does.

If you follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, the box's internet status is reported in the top-right - including the WiFi strength if appropriate. What is shown?

0 Kudos
PhilResteghini
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi.

No problem watching On Demand. Signal strenght is 85% on one and 97% on the other

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Are you trying to stream from any particular box whilst also watching OnDemand on the same box?

0 Kudos
PhilResteghini
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Negative. Always the other box is on but not in use for anything other than watching TV channels.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Deleted

VM BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

0 Kudos