Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cannot get remote to pair with V6 box via radio signal

Cannot get remote to pair with V6 box on radio signal - so cannot put box inside cupboard. Tried both methods suggested in VM set up guide but don't work. Ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot get remote to pair with V6 box via radio signal

Do you get RED flashing lights trying to do it?  If so weak batteries are often the issue.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS & UHD/HDR)
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD + 2 minis)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Changed to new batteries. Both connection methods as per VM guide appear to. work ie little green light flashes above Home button on remote. But still V6 box will not work inside cupboard.  Have read elsewhere that a different remote is needed to pick up radio signal, bit smaller than standard one?  Anyone know about this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

There is only one standard of remote for the V6, but it is smaller than the old TiVo one - see pic below with the two side-by-side:

Both Remotes.jpg

You can see differences not only in size, but also in buttons such as the rew/ffwd/play/stop keys and the V6 remote has a specific "search" button next to the "slow" key (and the slow key is consequently smaller and without the word slow written on it)

The old TiVo remote will control the V6 via IR, but it does not have the RF capability.

Are you sure you have a V6 remote, not an old TiVo remote?

Keith

Edit: Correctly typo where I'd put RF and IR the wrong way around.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos