Menu
sgreybe
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cannot get recorded programmes on 2nd V6

We are unable to access our programmes recorded on our first V6 box, via our 2nd V6 box, intermittently. When it works, we see the name of our first V6 box at the bottom of My Programmes list on our 2nd TV, but when it doesn't work, we either cannot see the name of our first V6 box at all, or when we click on it we get an error saying it cannot access or find them (with the loading/buffering circle arrow going round and round). The Internet connection is not broken or dropping. The boxes are set up correctly. The issue has been going on for as long as the "Customers unable to manage devices on TVGO affecting IOS, Android and Desk Top users" issue has been present on Virgin's website (ie over a month now), but doesn't seem to be related because our issue isn't with TVGo and my TVGo works fine. The TVGo issue is not getting fixed as every day the website says it will be fixed by the next day, then it isn't and they move the fix date on one day. I have reported this numerous times via the chat but it keeps just getting ignored, passed to someone else and then closed. I reported it via the online complaints form but have heard nothing back and I can't find anywhere on the website to search for my complaint status. We cannot get through on the phone and I am disabled and can't use the phone so my mum has to do it but we still can't get through via phone or anywhere else. Of course we are still paying the full enormous package amount every month despite this. Can someone from Virgin please assist (but not via phone)?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot get recorded programmes on 2nd V6

How are the two V6's connected to your homehub? And can you watch VOD programmes on both boxes reliably?

I appreciate you saying "the internet connection is not broken or dropping" - on what are you basing that? Only because assuming anything with such things is a fast way to misadvise....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
sgreybe
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

What is VOD? Both boxes let me watch recorded show fine, it's just when trying to access the ones stored on the main box on the 2nd one, and only sometimes. The boxes were set up and connected by the engineer who installed them, but I think they're connected over the Internet.

I have checked the Internet connection when the problem occurs and it's fine. Other devices have no trouble connecting or streaming videos and there's not anymore devices connected than at any other time. Speed and jitter test both seem fine.

Problem is still happening intermittently. And Virgin engineers out there?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

VOD means Video On Demand - among other things, CatchUp etc.

Streaming programmes between your 2 boxes uses the same connection to your homehub as OnDemand uses, so if one version of streaming works, there's no reason the other shouldn't. You've mentioned that you "think they're connected" and then "the internet connection is fine" on other devices - which is making me suspect your underlying problem could be the connection between at least one of your V6 boxes and your homehub, that's what then provides the internet for your V6's.

Do you get any error messages when you try to stream programmes between the boxes, or indeed when you use OnDemand? By means of investigation, the connection between a V6 and the homehub can be either WiFi or Ethernet cable, but if one box is struggling to get a reliable WiFi signal, that will be the weak point.

I'd suggest checking your V6's internet connection directly, by following Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and seeing what's reported in the top-right. On any WiFi-connected box, that will include a read-out of your signal strength.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos