Menu
Jackles29
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cannot get You Tube via channel 198 following installation of new router

Installed our new router yesterday - WiFi working perfectly but we are no longer able to get You Tube via channel 198. Tried entering error codes of A01 and N27 but message says contact Virgin Media. That’s easier said than done - have tried ringing but got bored after 20 minutes. Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot get You Tube via channel 198 following installation of new router

First thing, are you using a TiVo or a V6? You've posted this in the TiVo section but I suspect you havr a V6... check here 

What equipment have you had replaced? I suspect I know what your issue is, but assumption is the first way to mess things up 🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Jackles29
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You are right - it’s a V6. We installed our new router yesterday and although everything else works for some reason we can’t get You Tube on channel 198 anymore.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ok, now I'm going to assume 🙂

Your V6 doesn't have an internet connection of its own, it uses your VM homehub (via WiFi or Ethernet) to go online. You've had your router replaced, and as a result your V6 has lost its internet connection so everything that uses that, has stopped working.

All your streaming apps, OnDemand, TV guide updates.. I'll wager they're all failing.

If you follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, in the top-right the box will report is connection status and I suspect it'll be along the lines of "no connection". If so, you need to reconnect your V6 to your new homehub.

It's been quite a while since I setup a V6 using WiFi so I won't try to guess at the exact button presses, but it should be fairly obvious "follow the prompts" of the new username & password for your homehub, needs to be entered on your V6.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Jackles29
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you sooooo much - you are a star ️ 

0 Kudos