Menu
doorman1950
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cannot connect to second box

HI, I have a second Tivo box that I cannot see from main box.  Worked OK until very recently.  I CAN see the main box from the second box but not other way round.  Have forced reboot of boxes, have forced network connection from both boxes.  Second box is error free but main box gives error C423 despite showing that the connection is fine on the network status page.  Any suggestions on how to resolve this are very welcome.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cannot connect to second box

Are both boxes TiVo or is one a V6? https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-box 

C423 is indicative of WiFi problems... https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/c423 - the TiVo doesn't do WiFi, only the V6

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

doorman1950
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, the main box (where I cannot see the second one from) is a V6.  The second one is an older Tivo box (which is working without issue).  Connections are mix of wireless and cabled as installed by Virgin and has been working successfully for last 5 years.  Had made no changes when this problem started a week or so ago.  All very confusing.  Any other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Doorman

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So you're saying that... viewing the V6 from the TiVo, doesn't work, but viewing the TiVo from the V6, does?

Presumably you have restarted both boxes?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
doorman1950
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HI, the problem is the other way around.  I can see the V6 from Tivo but cannot see Tivo from V6 box.   Yes, I have restarted all the units on the network.  I am going to try turning off the boxes for 30 minutes to make sure the systems are totally "dead" and then restart.  I know sometimes a system can retain running firmware when seemingly turned off fully due to residual current inside a bit of kit.  Perhaps that will help; can only try.  I will update response when I have tried that.  Fingers crossed.

0 Kudos
doorman1950
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

OK, having turned the two boxes off for around 30 minutes and then reloaded both the problem has resolved itself.  👌  That is good news indeed.  Don't know what caused the problem in the first place but at least it is sorted.  

0 Kudos