Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cannot connect to Virgin Media Service (N13)

Our V6 box has stopped connecting to the TV service, so we can no longer access Guide, On-demand, catch-up, etc.

When trying to connect it fails with error code N13, but I’m unable to find anything related to that code online. The call centres are closed so I’m just sent in a circle between contacting and online help guides.

I’ve triple checked all connections, used a known good Ethernet cable, checked the connection with a speed test from the TV help section... nothing seems to be wrong.

Any further help would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot connect to Virgin Media Service (N13)

Hi myguysi,

Have you tried rebooting your router? 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, I’ve rebooted both the router and TV box. I’m having no issues with my internet connection and can confirm that the TV is being assigned a local IP address and can connect to the internet (as confirmed by the speed test that I ran on the TV box)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, in the top-left is this where you're getting N13 from?

As another diagnostic exercise, can you try using WiFi to connect - should be able to do this by unplugging the Ethernet if all else fails, then going back into the network connection screen.

And whilst I doubt it, can you check by calling 0800 5610061 that there isn't a known area fault?

Does the speed test on the TV help section complete using either wired or WiFi methods?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for help so far, I finally got through to someone and they’ve escalated it. Just waiting for a call back so I’ll continue with them.

Thanks again

0 Kudos