Menu
Panteg
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cancelled Recordings

On one of my two Tivo boxes the My Shows Cancelled Recordings Folder each day will list a number of cancelled recordings that we've never recorded in the first place.!  Whist not a service threatening problem, it is annoying and I would like to understand why it happens.

Thanks

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelled Recordings

Do you have series links set up?

Repeat showings, & if set to new only, non new episodes end up on the discard list.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

There isn't a "cancelled recordings" folder on TiVo, so it might help if we can be sure where you're looking.

There's the "deleted recordings" folder at the bottom of "my shows", which is where programmes you've deleted are put, until the disk space is needed. There's the "recording hiccups" folder under Home > My Shows, which lists all the failed recordings together with the reasons why.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Panteg
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks

We use Series links but none of these deleted recordings are items that we would have ever recorded or watched.

0 Kudos
Panteg
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks and sorry for bring unclear. I'm referring to deleted recordings (none of which we have)
0 Kudos
Panteg
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks, sorry for being unclear. I refer to deleted recordings, none of which we have recorded.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The obvious answer is to say that deleted recordings don't count towards your used disk space and are automatically wiped when the space is required. I'm assuming your query is how they got there in the first place.

How full is your disk showing as? Potentially you have a full disk, existing recordings set to "keep until I delete" and that causes the failure of new recordings. In this scenario they would show in "recording hiccups".

Do you have "suggestions" set to record? Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Recordings > Suggestions.

If you load your "recently deleted" folder, can you recover any of these recordings back to "my shows"? If you can, then the only logical conclusion is that someone has deleted them.

0 Kudos