Menu
EchoofGlory
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Can’t watch On Demand or Catch up

No matter what time or day it is, we cannot watch On Demand or Catch up TV. 

constantly getting a C233 code but there’s nothing wrong with the cables, connections or internet. Everything else works. Can watch normal tv, record and internet is fine. 

turn the box on & off and it works for about 5 mins then stops.  There’s clearly something wrong somewhere. The cables are all gone,  they’re all in securely.  We’ve never been able to watch catch up or on demand. What’s the point in paying for this is we don’t get it?

broadband is supposed to be 200mbs download but we’re lucky to get 50 consistently.   

customer service is shocking. Never get to speak to someone who can speak English so they do t understand as it doesn’t fit their script. 

anyone out there able to shed some light on this?

thanks

0 Kudos
EchoofGlory
Tuning in
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can’t watch On Demand or Catch up

No. No response yet. Utterly ridiculous. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Which TV box do you have? Check here if you're not sure

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
EchoofGlory
Tuning in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Yeah I have the app. Doesn’t matter if there’s an issue in the area or not. It doesn’t work sadly. 

currently there is a reported issue, but I pay no attention to it. As I said, problem or not, On Demand & Catch up never work. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

What are you talking about?
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@EchoofGlory wrote:

Yeah I have the app. Doesn’t matter if there’s an issue in the area or not. It doesn’t work sadly. 
currently there is a reported issue, but I pay no attention to it. As I said, problem or not, On Demand & Catch up never work. 

@EchoofGlory 

Once that reported issue clears, please come back to this thread if you still have issues. There's a wealth of experience on this forum that can often help resolve issues.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
EchoofGlory
Tuning in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

No matter what time of day, still cannot watch anything through On Demand! BBC iPlayer? Nope. Nothing. Utterly ridiculous. Nothing wrong with our internet connection either. 

seriously thinking about leaving virgin when contract renewal comes up. I’m betting I wouldn’t have this problem with Sky!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I'm not at all sure whether you're posting on here genuinely seeking help or not, but I'll assume you are for the purposes of a response...

1: Which TV box do you have? Check the link in my post-3 above to check - the 2 boxes connect to the 'net differently, so advice does differ.

2: What error messages or codes are you getting when you try to use VoD? This'll give a clue as to what the issue might be

3: When you say your 'net connection is fine, depending which box you have (see point 1) this could either be useful or immaterial.

Sky's TV boxes use an offboard 'net connection (via a separate router) exactly the same way the V6 & 360 does, with the exception that they tend to use a "download and playback" method rather than VM's streaming setup. If you're posting on here genuinely seeking help, then responding to the 3 questions above will be an excellent start to diagnose what's happening here.

0 Kudos
EchoofGlory
Tuning in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I’d love help but nothing seems to solve it & virgin customer service are about as useful as a chocolate fire guard.

To answer your questions:

I Have the virgin V6 box. 
Not getting any error codes. Just constant spooling. Which I don’t get if I watch through my phone or iPad!

restarting my box doesn’t do anything either. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Ah-har, having a V6 box (this was posted in the TiVo forum and the 2 boxes are different beasts) changes things. Your V6 gets its 'net connection from your homehub, which can be either wireless or Ethernet. A cabled connection is always recommended given a free choice, but you've not mentioned Ethernet so I'll assume you have a WiFi connection - confirmation would be useful, though.

Follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network. Look in the top-right and I'm interested in one thing - what's the WiFi signal strength reported as?

Next... Follow Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > TV Speed Test.

When it comes to V6 connectivity issues, they can often be solved without needing recourse to VM C/S, and the outcome of these two checks will give us an excellent basis to know what's causing yours.

0 Kudos