cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t see tv screen after welcome screen

ljarvis
Tuning in

Tried to be clever and change my screen setup in settings but I appear to have chosen the wrong one and now o can’t get any display on my tv after the welcome screen, can anyone help?

I can’t see the UI to get back into settings. Can’t see anything after welcome. Have tried unplugging and disconnecting for several hours but nothing . Have also tried switch on with + and front button on box

cheers

lee

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You seem to imply that you have restarted you V6, and the boot sequence starts, but then doesn't complete - is that correct?

If the following reset hasn't worked.. then you will need to report your fault to VM either by phone (for an immediate response) or by waiting on this forum.

Turn off the V6 at switch; then on the V6 box hold down both the power button and the +button at the same time.

Then turn on the V6 again whilst keeping hold of those buttons for a further 30 seconds.

The box should reboot, the power button will turn blue, and it should reset and boot up normally

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You seem to imply that you have restarted you V6, and the boot sequence starts, but then doesn't complete - is that correct?

If the following reset hasn't worked.. then you will need to report your fault to VM either by phone (for an immediate response) or by waiting on this forum.

Turn off the V6 at switch; then on the V6 box hold down both the power button and the +button at the same time.

Then turn on the V6 again whilst keeping hold of those buttons for a further 30 seconds.

The box should reboot, the power button will turn blue, and it should reset and boot up normally

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks just tried pressing buttons and releasing after 30 secs. Same thing, it reboots a serial times, completes that and then nothing is displayed on the tv screen. It’s as if it’s there in the background but no channels or UI is displayed on the tv. This all happened after i changed the screen resolution in settings. 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey ljarvis, thanks for reaching out on our help forums and sorry to hear of the issues since you switched your screen resolution settings.

We're here to help, could you please let us know if you've selected the 2140p Res option when you changed this setting or other?

Also, can you advise if you have an older TV or monitor to connect to the TV box for a bit until you get to see the menu options and switch back to the original setting (1080p)?

Lastly, we can check if a different HDMI (if available) can be fitted/tested so to see if this helps getting the menu up and making the changes?

Let us know of the above and we're eager to assist further with this.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @ljarvis 

You could try the following which should force the V6 screen to reset and hopefully it will display in the basic  576p resolution.

Hopefully this will then allow you to go into the V6 settings and change the video output again.

Using your remote control press Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down, 4, 8, 0, Clear

Fingers crossed you should now be able to see the screen again, if so then using your remote

1. Press Home  > Help & Settings >  Settings > Video Output > Video Output Format

Either go to Auto detect to run a test of your TV’s display options. It will then ask you to confirm the new display selection  or choose  Test Formats to run a quick test on the Virgin TV V6 box and follow the onscreen guides

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks all for replies. I’m sorted now, new box arrived this morning 😁

Thanks for coming back to us ljarvis and glad to hear that you're all sorted now with your new box 👍

Kind Regards,

Steven_L