Menu
Highlighted
Hero
Message 11 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can't record any Star Treks with a series link

@Phil_C wrote:

I have 2 boxes (V6 and Tivo) but I can't watch recordings that are on the Tivo via the V6 and vice versa because I don't know how to connect things in order to do the multi-room thing, which is a bit disappointing sometimes.

You need to connect the TiVo to the hub with an Ethernet cable.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 12 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Lee_R. Yes, the problems have gone away Lee, and all seems to be working as expected. I posted that earlier.

@SpacePhoenix. I know how to access other boxes. My problem was that I didn't know how to connect them. I could connect TO them once they were connected. I'd rearranged stuff a while back and never managed to reconnect the cables as they were.

@Roger_Gooner. Thank you for that tip. I did it and all is well now. I probably missed that because the Tivo was already connected to the hub via what I think is a coax cable. I'm pretty sure that I can connect both boxes to each other too. I did that originally, and I may have to again because the hub soon won't have enough network sockets when I add another Raspberry Pi to the internet, although I may be able to connect one socket to another router and connect more than one computer via that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 13 of 13
Flag for a moderator

If you have an old router it can be repurposed to extend your network in a LAN to LAN configuration. I have made multiple posts on how to do this.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos