After reporting problems with my TV service & broadband I was supplied with a new V6 box & Hub 3.0. Both were fitted & set up by VM engineers & no instruction manuals left. After 3 visits from engineers the problem was traced to the street cabinet. I am now having problems with my V6 box.
When I connect to the BBC iPlayer everything seems to be going OK. My ID appears. I click on it & the available services appear but when I try to connect on any of them, after a minute or so message appears "Something went wrong playing this programme. This is usually a temporary problem etc" I've tried changing the video setting to no avail & the internet connection seems to be OK because I can use catch up on all other hubs. If I change the source on my smart TV from the V6 box to the roof aerial I can access the iPlayer without problems. But I'd rather not have to do this.
Can anybody please how I can overcome this problem?
Thanks so much for taking the time to post to our forums - sorry to understand that you had some initial issues when you were installed and are now having issues connecting to the iPlayer services via your V6 box.
Please can we ask you first to try connecting the V6 box to the network following the below instructions: once this has done, please attempt to sign into the iplayer again and let us know how you get on:
Home> Help&Settings> Settings> Network> Connect to Virgin Media Service Now
I think the V6 box was on at the time of your message , but not sure. It's on now & I'll leave it on for the rest of the evening. I'm not having any problems with other catch up or on demand services. The only other problem is it seems a bit slow to respond to the remote.
I've done some additional checks here and need to wait around 7 minutes to check the input levels - if they are not the levels we need then we'll need to get a technician booked; if they are, I can sent it over to our internal team for review.