Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can't Self Install V6 Box due to disability

Hello, I'm not sure how else to get in touch as I can't find any other online form to fill in. My new V6 TV box is arriving on Nov 27 but I am worried about the self-installation. I have severe OCD and on disability benefits. I had terrible OCD problems installing the previous TV box, the cables are an issue for me. I am getting stressed thinking about the new box installation. I am looking forward to it immensely but I need help in installation. Can someone please come to my home to install the V6 Box? I'm already paying £35 for the box upgrade, I can't afford installation fee too. It will be difficult to go out and send the old Tivo box back to you as I am pretty much housebound, so if they come to install the V6 box they can take the old one with them. Sorry to be a burden but my OCD limits my life a lot.I also think some of my other cables, Broadband, phone are fitted incorrectly too.Can someone from Virgin Media send me a private message and I will give them my account details/phone number. I can't call customer service, they didn't understand me. I would like the installations team to call me. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't Self Install V6 Box due to disability

Do you have a legacy TV box such as the V+ or VHD? If so and you were happy with it, the TiVo may be better than the V6 as it needs no connection to the hub and would be a straight replacement.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi ds2019, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community 🙂

You would usually be given the option to choose a self install or a technician visit.

We wouldn't be able to change the order, it would have to be cancelled altogether and re-raised. 

Would you have a family member or friend that can help you swap the box over? If not there would be paperwork with the equipment, in which you can contact us to arrange a technician if you're having trouble with it. 

Kind regards, 

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. I've currently got a TiVo, i'm upgrading to the V6.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply. I'd prefer a technician visit to install it, it would be just easier. Can someone from the Installation team phone me? I'll give my phone and account details in a private message. I tried to ring customer service but it was difficult explaining my situation and I had to repeat everything twice.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me ds2019 

I've popped you over a private message so I can take a closer look at this for you 🙂

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos