cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Play Back Programmes Recorded Today

scotsbaker127
On our wavelength

We are unable to play back programmes (both BBC and Channel 4) we recorded today 29th December. When we bring up the recorded programme, the details are displayed on screen OK, but when you press play via the remote it comes up "Delete this programme?" as the only option.

We are able to play back programmes we recorded before today and they are fine.

If this helps, Signal is shown as 37% (Marginal) - it is wireless connection from the floor above and has been fine for the last couple of years.

Connection is 5 GHz and Connection speed 468 Mbps.  

I have switched off and unplugged the V6 box, then on after a few minutes, also changed the batteries on the remote.

Can you help please?

1 REPLY 1

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's a few things here..

Firstly, what are the specific programmes? And which channels, specifically? You've mentioned "BBC" but not which channel. Are you recording from C4 in SD or HD?

The signal strength that I suspect you're referring to (in the Network Connections screen?) is the one between your V6 & your homehub, which then provides onward connection to the internet. Live TV doesn't use the internet, so if your issue is with recorded programmes then this has nothing to do with it.

Can you post a video of the problem happening, that may help? Also any programmes that were on C4, might well be on one of their spin-off channels for re-recording.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks