Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can no longer watch V6 in another room

I can suddenly no longer watch the V6 box in the lounge on the bedroom tv. I had this issue in the summer and managed to fix it,  but the settings password no longer works. It's something to do with the site varying between 2 and 5 whatever-it-is-measured-in! The box is visible,  but just keeps trying to connect then gives up. Can anyone help please?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can no longer watch V6 in another room

Ah this sounds like your boxes are linked via WiFi and the signal on 5Ghz isn't strong enough so it's flapping between 5Ghz & 2.4Ghz (which could be slightly better and more reliable). Do you get any specific error messages, as this might confirm the theory. You could also try checking the WiFi signal strength under Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and looking in the top-right.

I'd be inclined to delete your 5Ghz saved WiFi network so only the 2.4Ghz is saved - and see how you get on. Regardless of what the theory book says about what the two bands are better/worse at, I suspect in your case 5Ghz is just too weak.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Is 2.4Ghz stronger then?  

Thanks for the reply,  but I can't find Help&Settings on my home page (or anywhere else!)  Error message is C423

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

2.4Ghz WiFi has better range than 5Ghz, yes. C423 often indicates WiFi issues, so I would certainly try using 2.4Ghz and see how you get on.

You're pressing the "home" button on your V6 remote, and scrolling to the "help & settings" option on the menu, then pressing "OK" - repeat the process for each menu.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos