Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Can I use existing spare internal TV aerial cables to feed multiroom V6 box?

I am moving into a new build property in a few weeks which has been pre-cabled for VM services with a white VM wallbox fitted in the living room. I was hoping to get multiroom TV with a second V6 box in the bedroom but I understand this needs another coax cable to this room for live TV. 

There are existing push in RF TV aerial wall points in both rooms which are cabled to the attic but are not connected to an aerial (i.e. just left coiled in the attic for install of an aerial). To avoid having to run new coax cables through or around the house would it be possible to link the two aerial cables in the attic then plug a second VM TV cable into the wall plate in the living room and output it in the bedroom straight into the second V6 box?

Technically it seems like it can be done if using an internal 2way splitter on the existing internal VM wallbox (1 feed to the VM Hub & TV connector cable and another feed to the internal aerial wallplate to take a feed upstairs), but would this result in weaker signals making it not practical? Also would the length of the internal cable run (approx 20-25mtrs) or type/gauge of aerial cable also be an issue for signal strength?

Many thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can I use existing spare internal TV aerial cables to feed multiroom V6 box?

Hi there

We would always advise all cabling is Virgin Media fitted cable. As we have to make sure it's all isolated properly and the correct connectors are fitted and tightened properly. If it isn't our cable it can cause all sorts of different faults. 

Are you moving your services to this property or looking to be a brand new VM customer?

I'll send you a private message so I can check your address details for you and see if you would benefit from a manned install.

Thank

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can I use existing spare internal TV aerial cables to feed multiroom V6 box?

Hi virgin don't use ariel cables, they use their own coxial cables, which have to be installed by their own engineers. Regards Micky
0 Kudos