Menu
Highlighted
Sootchucker
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Can I upgrade to the new V6 Box ?

Hi all. As a Virgin customer for over 10 years and with the Full House TV package, Vivid 150 broadband and home phone package (at £100 per month all in), I was disappointed when my brother recently on changing from Sky to Virgin got a free V6 box, when I'm still on the much older slower unit (great for him, not so good for me).

As I have a lovely 4k TV and would like to access some 4k content from Virgin, and the fact that my current TIVO box I think is one of the original units and slow as anything (especially when searching etc.), I'd like to upgrade this to the V6 box, but am unsure of a) how to do this (i.e. do I just call virgin), b) is there a cost associated with this and c) will this increase my monthly charge ?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can I upgrade to the new V6 Box ?

Upgrading to a V6 usually costs existing customers £99 + £20 activation fee.  They had a "free upgrade" offer on that ended back in April.   Your best bet is to try calling “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-5 "thinking of leaving" then “technical issues” – (They are open Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm and on Saturday from 8am - 6pm. - 08.01 is best!) you have a better chance of getting a UK call centre (it might still be a 30’+ wait though).  Tell them you are planning to leave for Sky/BT because there SkyQ box is better than the Tivo.  They will immediately start offering you a new package deal for taking out a new 12/18 month contract to include a V6 upgrade.  Just make sure you are clear on what the final costs will be including any "extra charges" they might not have mentioned - oh and make sure you ask for a "loyalty discount" being applied to your account(mine is currently £15/mo off).  If you are happy with that take it.  If not leave it and try again another day (another agent).  If you are still not happy you will just have to wait and see if VM offer any more "free" upgrade offers in the future.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos