Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can I do immediate/instant record on V6 Box

Virgin keep failing to put the business briefing in their TV guide, so when I press record I record the underlying programme, not the current programme for say an hour.

What I want is old fashion instant record current channel for an hour, or for the TV guide to be correct, I don't want to record Antiques Roadshow, which finishes half way through briefing.

Can I do this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can I do immediate/instant record on V6 Box

The programme EPG is updated by a third party organisation & the information they use is only as good as what they are given by the channels concerned.

The only way to do what you want is to set a manual recording.

Go to Home>My Shows & Recordings>Manual Recording.

You can then set a start & stop time for a recording on any channel either once or on a repeat basis.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You can also set padding, to automatically extend recordings at the beginning and end.

Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Recordings.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Great. 

The manual record option via menu is fine, not quite as easy as the 'one time record function button' that existed before EPG, but perfectly acceptable for this exception.  

I hadn't seen that, so thank you

Maybe they should get Freeview as their third party to update the programme guide, they've been getting it correct,  In fact my work round was to resurrect my Philips PVR and recording on that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Simon6661 wrote:

Great. 

Maybe they should get Freeview as their third party to update the programme guide, they've been getting it correct,  In fact my work round was to resurrect my Philips PVR and recording on that.

They will be correct. The BBC channels on Freeview update in real time as the BBC owns the 2 broadcasting muxes it uses on Freeview.

Even if the updates did come through, TiVO boxes only update their EPG every 2 hours due to the amount of tuners they have & channels carried on the platform. Every time an update is received all the planned recordings, wishlists & suggestions have to be re-processed for changes & clashes.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As your footer states,

a Very Insightful Person, my comment was a bit 'tongue in cheek', but I appreciate your explanation, yes quite a bit task for managing the links and pointers.  It's probably becoming less a given now, but for the last month they have had daily briefings, so it could have been slightly better organised, but........

..and anyway I learned about manual recording

0 Kudos