Menu
stevegg
Joining in
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

COAX splitter - advice needed please

I joined VM just after Christmas. I opted for a quick start install, but when I placed this order I forgot to mention that I was being recommended by a friend. In order for my friend & I to receive the credit - the sales team cancelled that original order and created a new one. When it came to choosing the install - I was told it had to be a engineer install (free) - which was fine at the time. Engineer arrived on the 7th Jan - was literally here about 15 minutes. He set up the equipment where I asked - V6 modem/router in living room - and the latest TV box in the bedroom.

Since then I have decided I wish to have both modem/tv box in the same room - however I do not have a spitter for the cable. 

I have spoken with VM customer services on several occassions - various operators have said they can be bought online, others have said that i'd need to get an engineer out costing £99 - and others have said it'd be an engineer visit but free of charge.

When I was a VM customer 8 years ago - I had both services in the same room. It should have been a simple quickstart self install - even the engineer stated this after being in the property 15mins to complete the job! 

If i was allowed to have completed a quickstart install - the kit would have contained the necessary equipment should I have wished to make alterations to the locations of the modem/tv box.

Where do I go from here VM? Any suggestions?

TIA 

Steve

0 Kudos
stevegg
Joining in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Coax splitter

I joined VM just after Christmas. I opted for a quick start install, but when I placed this order I forgot to mention that I was being recommended by a friend. In order for my friend & I to receive the credit - the sales team cancelled that original order and created a new one. When it came to choosing the install - I was told it had to be a engineer install (free) - which was fine at the time. Engineer arrived on the 7th Jan - was literally here about 15 minutes. He set up the equipment where I asked - V6 modem/router in living room - and the latest TV box in the bedroom.

Since then I have decided I wish to have both modem/tv box in the same room - however I do not have a spitter for the cable. 

I have spoken with VM customer services on several occassions - various operators have said they can be bought online, others have said that i'd need to get an engineer out costing £99 - and others have said it'd be an engineer visit but free of charge.

When I was a VM customer 8 years ago - I had both services in the same room. It should have been a simple quickstart self install - even the engineer stated this after being in the property 15mins to complete the job! 

If i was allowed to have completed a quickstart install - the kit would have contained the necessary equipment should I have wished to make alterations to the locations of the modem/tv box.

Where do I go from here VM? Any suggestions?

TIA 

Steve

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: COAX splitter - advice needed please

Unfortunately as the engineer put the equipment in the place you requested you would now have to pay £99 for virgin to come back out since you have changed your mind.

Rikaka85
Joining in
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

You will already have a splitter on your installation. Go look for it.

0 Kudos
stevegg
Joining in
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Completely unhelpful. thank you

0 Kudos
stevegg
Joining in
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Completely unhelpful.......... thanks anyway 🙂 

0 Kudos
stevegg
Joining in
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Am I being daft in asking for a splitter to be sent to me? splitter £5 ---- cost of another engineer appt......... ?  It should have been a quick start install..........

0 Kudos
stevegg
Joining in
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

my first post was not allowed by the moderators ! 

0 Kudos
stevegg
Joining in
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I'm getting sarcastic posts from "know-it-alls" ...... VM............. fancy try and solve the problem?

0 Kudos
stevegg
Joining in
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

if you don't have anything good enough to contribute - then -----don't !

0 Kudos