cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANNOT DELETE RECORDED PROGRAM

Ronata28
On our wavelength

I have a  V6 box, which has a programme recorded which I cannot delete. I have  tried all the options I know of, but it will not delete.

Any ideas ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It would be useful to know what you've tried thus far, so I'll just suggest what I would do here.

Firstly see if the programme is showing in your V6 recycle bin - and if so, is there an option to "recover this show"? If so - follow it and try deleting it again.

Secondly, what happens when you try deleting it? Are you getting an error message, or does it just not delete?

If all the above fails, try resetting your V6 using Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart, choosing the top option.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It would be useful to know what you've tried thus far, so I'll just suggest what I would do here.

Firstly see if the programme is showing in your V6 recycle bin - and if so, is there an option to "recover this show"? If so - follow it and try deleting it again.

Secondly, what happens when you try deleting it? Are you getting an error message, or does it just not delete?

If all the above fails, try resetting your V6 using Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart, choosing the top option.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ronata28, 

Thanks for taking the time to post about your issues in the Community.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with deleting a recording. I can see japitts has given some great advice on how to resolve this. Please give these steps a try and let us know if you're still having the issue. 

If you are, can you also let us know if this is happening on any other recordings or just the one? 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Red_Wimp
On our wavelength

Occasionally I get this, it normally fixes if I turn the box off and restart it, which I guess is similar to reset as mentioned.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The previous poster is describing a mains power-off, which would be necessary if the TiVo/V6 software wasn't responding.

If it is, the software reset via the menus is perfectly adequate.