Menu
Morry1988
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

C423

Our bedroom TV is unable to communicate with our living room TV. 

In our living room we have our virgin v6 box which is connected to our hub via an ethernet cable, we have a powerline adapter also connected to the hub with an ethernet cable.

In the bedroom we have another v6 box, connected to another powerline via ethernet.

All equipment was supplied and set up by a virgin engineer. 

On our living room TV, we can view what is recorded on the bedroom box. But on the bedroom box we get the C423 error message when we try to see what is recorded on the living room box. The bedroom TV has no issue streaming content from netflix, etc. 

This hasn't worked from day 1 but has never bothered me until now as there is something recorded on the living room that I want to view in the bedroom. 

I have tried turning all equipment off an on again, and have tried to connect the boxes to WiFi without ethernet but the WiFi is not strong enough to work on the bedroom tv.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, thanks. 

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: C423

Hi there @Morry1988

Welcome back to our Community - sorry that you're having some issues with your additional V6 box currently. 

It sounds like your box is not connected or communicating with our Network. You can check and try and force connection via these steps:

Home> Help&Settings> Settings> Network> Connect to Virgin Media Service Now

Now, the error code you have advised usually means that there is an issue with the WiFi connection between the box and the Hub. We even have a dedicated error code page where customers can check any error code and go through the self-care themselves if needed.

You advise that this particular box is connected via Ethernet to a Powerline; getting your error suggests that the Powerline is not picking up the signal and transferring to the box. Is the Powerline in a main socket rather than an extension cable? Have you tried another plug socket at all to see if that helps connect? 

From locating your account from your forum information, we're only able to communicate to one of your boxes; one of which is showing that its in standby. When you get a moment, please do switch it on so we can have a quick check. 

Have you tried connecting your 2nd box directly to the WiFi than via the Powerline? I have had a check on your Hub status too and all is looking great there at the time of writing. However, there are some issues showing with some devices that are connected. 

3 devices are actually too close to the Hub and this is causing some issues with the bandwidth and could be slowing up other devices or cause connection issues. There are 2 devices that are showing to have long term connection issues; both of which are on the 2.4Ghz connection. These may need moving, rebooting or change of frequency depending on location. I'll leave some helpful WiFi links below for you that may assist. 

WiFi Hints and Tips

WiFi Forum Help

Connecting to WiFI

Here are some helpful V6 guides too:

Multi-Room Streaming

V6 Userguide

That's a fair bit to get you going; pop back if you're still having issues. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Morry1988
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie, thanks for your response. 

My box is showing as connected to the virgin network, it can stream content from netflix, iplayer, etc. It just won't show me my shows from my main box, but my main box can show me the shows that are on the 2nd box.

The powerline is connected to a main socket, I have no other sockets near the TV to try. However when I connect a laptop to the powerline via ethernet and turn off its WiFi, I am still able to access the internet. This all suggests to me that the powerline is working fine.

Both my boxes are on standby, and should always be, we don't turn them off.

I can't connect that box to WiFi as it is poor in that area of the house, that's why we were supplied with the power lines. On WiFi only I can't even stream like I can with the powerline. 

You mentioned devices being too close to the hub, this would be the PlayStation and alexa devices, we have never had any issues with these, the only issue we have is with the 2nd hub accessing shows from the main hub. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hmm, I'm unable to check both boxes as one is offline, I'm unsure whether this is your bedroom box with the issue but are you able to turn it on so we can check? 

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Morry1988
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi again, 

Both my boxes are still on.

The issue now seems to be resolved, I can now view and stream what is on my main box from my secondary box.

Regards, 

Philip

0 Kudos