Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

C233 Error network settings error

I have recently changed my broadband provider and I have the error message showing, I was told that the V6 box had to be connected wirelessly to my new wi-fi network which I think I have done but cannot get catch up or on demand?

Can anybody help?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: C233 Error network settings error

Hello

The V6 box will only work with a virginmedia broadband account for Catch Up, On Demand, EPG etc, as it will only work that way, you should have been advised when you switched broadband to another provider, only the Tivo boxes will work as they don't need a separate network connection.

Regards Mike

I dont work for VirginMedia all opinions are my own.
39 years in IT.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

When I rang Virgin the last “tech guy” told me it could be connected wirelessly to the broadband, which I believe I have managed to do .  I also have a media code now which I don’t know where this figures. I may call virgin again? Thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi I'm so glad you used inverted commas to describe the tech guy, because a "guy" is what he was, as the other poster has correctly said it will only work with Virgins on broadband.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I have an older Tivo box and have managed to get that to link for catch up and on demand. It seems odd that a more modern box has gone backwards? I don't understand why the message attached to the media code mentions the need for linking to the home broadband? It would be nice if VM could resolve, seems their "tech people" aren't trained to advise on linking to 3rd party broadbands?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

They can't advise you because it's impossible. As already said the V6 only works with VMs broadband.

0 Kudos