Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

C219 error

Hi

I know there is an awful lot of stuff on the forum already, but I can’t find anything to deal with my particular problem. My hub is on the other side of the house from my TV. There is no way I can get a coaxial cable to my V6 box. When I signed up to buy the TV service, VM said there would be no problem so long as I had Wi-Fi, which I do..

I have tried endlessly to set up my V6 box, using both Wi-Fi and a very long ethernet cable running through the house. Although I can get through all of the process apart from verification, the system fails at that verification point porting a C219 error. I don’t know what I should do next. Other than tell Virgin Media that I’m cancelling my service.  I’ll be grateful for any help.

.Regards

John 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: C219 error

It needs a coaxial connection, won't work without it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Does that mean that what I was told by VM about wireless connection is wrong? I made clear at the time that my hub was a good distance from my TV.

Thanks again.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

You csn haveva wifi connection to the Hub but you also need a coax connection to the Virgin Network for you to watch progrsmmes on the box.

Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

As Keith Leonard has said a WiFi connection to the hub is fine, assuming the signal strength is ok, but you need the coax connection as well, hence the term cable TV.

Can you set the V6 up near the hub and run a long HDMI cable to the TV? If not then you'll need an engineer out to re cable.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

not to sure who advised no cables would be needed - but ide sack them.

coaxial connection - neded for signal (splitter is used from the main vm box on the wall)
wifi or cable needed for Internet to download updates / channel guide information
hdmi cable to take signal from v6 box to tv (anything longer then 15 meters might cause problems)

you also mention the verification process - if you seen an error c119 that was a nationwide outage it was mainly affecting new install's. that should be fixed now.

https://twitter.com/SeriousFamily

Vivid 350 | Hub 3 modem mode | Asus RT-AC86U (Stock-Firmware)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I was definitely told that Wi-Fi on its own would be enough.

If I could get the software to load correctly and be verified by lugging my TV from the living room into the room where the hub is situated, would I be able to initialise the V6 box sufficiently to be able to take it back to the living room with the TV and use the system? Or does the connection to the wall outlet need to be there permanently?

Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No you need a permanent coax connection.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Thanks  to everyone for their help. It seems clear that I need to get Virgin Media to send an engineer out to run a cable from the current inlet point to the living room. Either that, or I’ll have to cancel my upgrade. It’s really frustrating to be told a load of rubbish by a customer service agent who clearly was not sufficiently trained on the subject.

Regards

John 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

it will cost you £100 for them to do that as it doesnt fall under faults.

https://twitter.com/SeriousFamily

Vivid 350 | Hub 3 modem mode | Asus RT-AC86U (Stock-Firmware)
0 Kudos