forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
travelkate
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

C133 Error with both Ethernet and wifi connection from hub to V6

Hi,

Had C133 for days now, no service issues, reset and rebooted lots.  Tried connecting V6 via wifi and ethernet - same problem. Spoke to Virgin technical and they posted a new Hub yesterday.  Still having same error.

Trying to connect services fails on negotiating.

Please help, driving me insane not being able to work in out.  Broadband via ethernet from hub working for all other purposes

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: C133 Error with both Ethernet and wifi connection from hub to V6

Ethernet is definitely the way to go, given the choice. Fundamentally quicker and more stable.

Your post reads as if this problem has only started recently, the obvious question is whether any changes have been made (intentionally or otherwise) that could have triggered this. When does the last succesful connection report as?

Can you take a known working Ethernet cable from another device, and try connecting your V6 that way? And also swapping between ports on your router. Something else to eliminate if nothing else.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

travelkate
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi

It's been intermittent since April, I've had an engineer out who managed to get it working by switching it to wifi connection instead, but now that's failing too.  Virgin sent me a new hub yesterday - but same issue.  Have tried several cables.

Am about to unplug everything and set it all up again....

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi travelkate,

Have you phoned 0800 953 9500 to activate your new hub?  If not you should try that..

You will need the box serial number, and your account and area number

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Let's assume for a second that this is an issue with your hub as newapollo has suggested. Take one of the working ports that is currently used by another device, and try the V6 in that. I suspect that if other devices are working, that eliminates an activation issue - but swapping ports & cables would prove that either way.

Based on your explanation, I'd be beginning to suspect a V6 issue. Given that the boxes are physically close, does swapping between 2.4 & 5Ghz WiFi bands make any difference? I'd still suggest Ethernet given the choice, but all the same.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos