Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

C130

Like many others. since our broadband went down in the area a couple of weeks ago when it came back on we got a C130 error I have checked all cables rebooted everything and nothing is working to clear it. So we are getting ‘to be announced’ on channels no On demand etc etc. Can someone do anything? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

C130 error

since our broadband went down in the area, when it came back on we got a C130 error I have checked cables, rebooted. Can someone do anything? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: C130

As per https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/c130 this generally indicates a loss of internet connectivity.

To advise further, can you confirm which box you have - is it the TiVo or the V6? If you're not sure, check here - the 2 connect diffferently so advice differs.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

V6

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Lovely stuff. The V6 relies on a connection to your VM homehub for onward links to the internet from where your online, VOD, and guide updates all come from. So how is your V6 connected to your homehub? Ethernet is best, but WiFi can work.

Follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and look in the top-right. What is reported?

Once you have a stable & working connection, you can manually force a re-connection at the bottom using "Connect to Virgin Media Services now", but if the connection has been lost for whatever reason (and no TV guide means it's likely been lost for a while) that needs fixing first.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

its via wifi., I have tried the reconnect message etc  I believe I have tried everything

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you're using WiFi, it will also report the signal strength. What is shown?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I dont know where to find this when I go into Network it shows no signal

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

This all happened since the broadband went down in the area. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@PsychicSue wrote:

I dont know where to find this when I go into Network it shows no signal

2 possibilities here.

1: We have crossed wires. On your V6 box, follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and look in the top-right.. it should report the status of your V6 internet connection, if it's saying "no connection", then there's your underlying problem

2: You have no working home broadband, I'm assuming you do because you're posting on here.

Virgin supply you with broadband, which your router then converts into "signal" (in crude terms) for each of your devices, be that over WiFi or an Ethernet cable. I'm assuming that's working, by virtue of you posting on here, and therefore the issue is your V6's connection to your homehub.

It's been quite a while since I had cause to reconnect a V6 via WiFi, but there should be an option in the network screen to "reconnect" and search for local WiFi networks?

0 Kudos