Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

C130 - saying Network cable not connected

I connected up my Virgin TV box this afternoon, and everything was moving fine.

I had to unplug it all to move things around, and now I’m getting a C130 error message.

when I go to settings, it claims that the network cable is unplugged. It’s not - I’ve checked several times. I’ve rebooted both the router and the TV box, without any luck.

I can watch and record TV, and the wifi is working, it’s just connecting the TV to the internet that isn’t working - so no catch-up/apps

(edit: typos)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: C130 - saying Network cable not connected

Hi MightyJim, 

Welcome to the community and thank you for getting in touch. 

I am sorry to hear this has happened and I am hoping that the issue has been resolved since your last post. 

If not, can you please try manually connecting by going to Settings - Network Settings - Connect to Virgin Media Services.

This will take up to 15 minutes and should fix the issue you are having. 

Let us know how you get on 🙂 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

I have the same problem.

I have access to TV channels but it says error code C130 at the top and I cant access on demand.  I have reset the box several times without any change.

When I go onto the menu of network settings and press connect to virgin service as it starts it says network connection unsuccessful(preparing - Network cable unplugged)

With this V6 box it is supposed to be Wifi but it cant find it even though all other equipment in house can.

I have tried calling but obviously at the moment the call centres are closed so if any help is available that would be great

Andrew

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You have 3 options for connecting a "distant" V6 to the Hub (remember - the V6 must also have the VM coax network connection for it to work).
1) Ethernet cable connect it to the Hub – always the best solution and not as difficult as you may think initially – good/flat Cat6 cable is relatively cheap and easy to conceal.
2) Improve the wifi signal at the V6 location – there are lots of discussions and opinions/suggestions how to do that on here – V6 works best on the 5GHz band
3) Connect the V6 to the Hub by good quality powerline adapters and short Cat6 cables (assuming your electric circuits connection is ok to support that)

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The trouble is it was previously connected to the wifi.  But no matter what I do it cant see it even though all other devices can.  It's like wifinetwork card has just stopped working

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Switch the hub and V6 off and unplug for 5'. Fire up the Hub. When its up and other devices are connecting ok on wifi, start the V6 and it will remake the connection. If it doesnt then your wifi signal is probably no longer good enough at the site of the V6 (blame external interference first!) run a wifi scanning App on a mobile phone at the site of the V6 and see what it shows about your and other SSID's..
Then you need to do option one - get a long 20-50m run of Cat5e/6 cable (<£10) and "test" it that way. If its all ok then that proves that you need to choose 1 of the 3 options

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos