Menu
holland147
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

C130 advice/help needed

Hi folks, looking for some advice please. Have two TiVo V6 boxes connected by WiFi to the hub router for 3/4 years now. One box now displaying the C130 error, followed all procedures to reset via WiFi but not picking up the signal at all anymore for some reason. Connected it via the Ethernet and on demand services returned no problem, disconnected Ethernet in hope to return to WiFi setup and back to C130 error again, box isn’t even displaying the white box when hunting for WiFi now. Other box working fine via WiFi.

any ideas/ advice? Ethernet can’t stay in as the router needs to be in the hallway for best signal

thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: C130 advice/help needed

Try swapping the V6 boxes around.

If both boxes have problems in the same location, then the underlying issue is WiFi-signal.

If one box has problems in both locations, then it may have a WiFi fault.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
holland147
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

HI thanks for the reply, I’d tried this and swapped boxes and unfortunately same result. Looks like a specific issue with that box now - weird! 

Can any of the virgin help team please?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@holland147 wrote:

Can any of the virgin help team please?

150 from your Virgin phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone. Choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
holland147
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Called help desk but can’t get through and remote test says no issues so they hang up on you. It’s as if the box doesn’t recognise WiFi anymore. Anyone else had this issue? Any of the Help team can you message me please.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@holland147 wrote:

Called help desk but can’t get through and remote test says no issues so they hang up on you

When this happens, call back immediately. The IVR should recognise you're a repeat caller and bypass the online checks.

@holland147 wrote:

It’s as if the box doesn’t recognise WiFi anymore.

What does the network connection screen show? Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network. Look in the top-right

0 Kudos
holland147
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks again for reply it’s constantly looking for an Ethernet, I try to follow WiFi steps but it won’t even search for the WiFi just fails immediately saying “sorry we couldn’t connect your box to your network”.

Top right just says no connection. Hook up an Ethernet it’s ok but WiFi non existent now weird

D4E22306-B01C-4F1E-B09A-245FBA05CD52.jpeg

0 Kudos