Menu
DannyLawrence
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

C.219 error

My Tivo V6 failed and I've been sent a replacement. I can't get it past the Installing Software stage. All I get is Connection Unsuccessful and on asking for more information get the error message c.219. I've tried disconnect everything and uplugging it from the wall several times, leaving a couple of hours interval at one stage, but each time it returns to the same Connection Unsuccessful screen. Having already spent several half hour sessions waiting to get help before the replacement box eventually arrived, I'm hoping someone might be able to suggest a solution that would spare me a repetition that.    Thank you in anticipation.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: C.219 error

As per https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/c219 this is often a connectivity error.

How is your V6 connected to your homehub for its internet connection?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
DannyLawrence
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We use Wifi, not Ethernet and, at an earlier stage the new box failed to connect with our hub. It's not impossible that was because I made a mistake putting in our password. However, I cannot get back to that stage to try to re-establish the connection.

You are right about C219 being a connection issue. That is clear from the error message on screen. 'There is a problem with the connection. There was a network error (C219).' However, this error message does not make it clear if it relates to the Wifi connection or the white cable connection to the Tivo box. I've spoken to someone at Virgin this morning this morning who suggests it a cable issue and we need a technician to sort it out - which puzzles me because the person I spoke to yesterday, at my suggestion, checked the signal going into the Tivo V6 box and declared that it was OK.

If anyone can suggest anything I can try between now and Monday when the engineer is due to call, I would be grateful because my wife and I are shielding and not at all keen  having visitors to the house,

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

VM certainly wouldn't be sending engineers into homes without needing to, so I'm sure that's based on some decent remote diagnostics.

They will observe distancing and be in full PPE, for everyone's benefit.

I suspect the C219 relates to the internet connection, a loss of TV signal would tend to have other errors/symptoms.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
DannyLawrence
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

'I suspect the C219 relates to the internet connection, a loss of TV signal would tend to have other errors/symptoms.'

Since my broadband and Wi-Fi are working normally on other devices, what I was hoping is that I would be given an additional opportunity to establish the internet connection, via Wi-Fi, with the Tivo box - but I can't find any way to break the cycle and reboot the installation process to get back to that point. Switching back on after unplugging and removing all cables always returns me (after the Welcome and Starting Up screens) to the same Software Installation page that fails because of the C219 network error.

What I was hoping is that there might be some way to return to the stage I was at before the software installation process began i.e. when I was given the choice between an Ethernet or Wi-Fi connection the the Tivo box. I'm puzzled by why those initial stages are now always being by-passed after unplugging and switching back on.   

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If an Ethernet cable is connected to a V6, that will override a WiFi connection.

Not having Ethernet will force WiFi.

0 Kudos
DannyLawrence
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

There is no ethernet cable involved.

0 Kudos