Menu
Terrybud
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Buffering watching recorded movie

Watching recorded sky movies, have lots of buffering issues.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Buffering watching recorded movie

Please post in the relevant tv forum 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terrybud,

Does live TV buffer as well, or just recordings? Does it happen if you pause live TV as well?  Buffering only usually occurs when using apps such as Netflix, Youtube, Prime.

It sounds like your hard drive may be failing. 

You should  contact the Faults team on 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues or late afternoon around tea time.

When calling Faults you will get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc , ignore the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terrybud,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've had some issues with your recordings. 

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details- I can see it's been some time since the box was rebooted, can you please do this and let me know if the issue remains?

Thanks,

Alex_Rm

Terrybud
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, rebooting cleared the problem

0 Kudos