Menu
Allanjb1983
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Bt sport picture corrupted

Hey guys. A little while ago I was having an issue where a small number of movie channels were 'glitching' ie the picture would block up then revert to normal, sometimes green blocks. Sound would also stutter. I spoke to VM and had got to the point I had an engineer booked to come out as all the remote steps had been tried. Then it suddenly stopped.

Now it's happening on BT sport but only BTS1. tried the obvious off and on and reset options. No difference. No other channel and only on the V6 box. 2x TiVo boxes no issue at all. Honestly driving me mad as I really don't want to spend an hour telling the tech agent ive already tried everything they're going to suggest. 

Anyone got any ideas?

I've recorded a video of it happening but can't upload it

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bt sport picture corrupted

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere

Can you check any of the following channels that you also have access to - these are on the same broadcast TX as BT Sport 1-HD, and a signal fault on one should affect them all.

BT Sport ESPN HD, BBC Scotland HD, Sky Premier HD, Sky One HD, NHK World Japan, Liverpool FC TV

Also.... you mention only one box in your home is affected. Can you try swapping your TiVo/V6 around? Whether the fault follows the box, or stays with the room, you'll know whether it's the internal cabling or the V6 that's the issue.

Once you know... then call it in.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Allanjb1983
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Having looked into it further, the same thing is now happening on a number of the movie channels again, AND some of the sky sports channels. No others though as far as I can see. Going to swap out the box and see what happens.

Really bloody annoyed though:(

0 Kudos
Allanjb1983
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Issue duplicated on a TiVo box so signal I assume. Be calling them tomorrow

0 Kudos