Menu
KayrenB
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Broken V6 box

Help! There was a massive thunderstorm here on Tuesday night and my V6 TiVo box stopped working completely, I asked for it to be replaced and was told it was an act of god so I’d have to pay £99 to get it replaced. Which god? What god? No such thing in my opinion. Any way, the same thing happened to someone down the road and none of this was mentioned to her and she’s getting a new box delivered tomorrow! Consistency? This is totally unfair that I’m being told to pay when the same thing has happened to us both. I’m now sitting paying for a tv service I can’t use. 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broken V6 box

Hi this is nonsense, virgin should replace the box free as in their advertising they state free replacements and repairs, call again and hope you get someone with more sympathy, perhaps just mention it doesn't work and leave it at that. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
KayrenB
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broken V6 box

Thanks, it’s sorted now. The woman yesterday just obviously didn’t know her stuff. Sorted after 45 minutes on the phone. Apparently loads of peoples boxes blew because of the storm. Fingers crossed I’ll get a new box in a few days. I honestly think some staff need more training and to be proactive rather than reactive. Thanks for your reply. 

@LittleMick73 wrote:
Hi this is nonsense, virgin should replace the box free as in their advertising they state free replacements and repairs, call again and hope you get someone with more sympathy, perhaps just mention it doesn't work and leave it at that. Regards Micky

0 Kudos