Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Broken Tivo Cable

Hello,

Our power cable for our Tivo box is broken and I need to order a new one, but I'm having a nightmare trying to get through to customer service. I've made 6 calls which lead to dead ends regardless of the options I choose ('call centre closed'), have tweeted a few times (told to call, then text, now ignoring me), have texted (no response). The live chat took 2 hours to go through security yesterday afternoon, then 'transferred' me to technical, who replied at midday today while I was at work and now I'm back to square one. Apparently it's alright for Virgin to take 24 hours to reply but if you're not there when they do you're put to the back of the queue.

We did try to order a generic one off eBay but the jack was the wrong size and the Virgin box doesn't specify what would be the correct one.

Can someone please help us out? It should be a quick 10 min resolution but I've been ignored for 3 days straight.

Thank you! Losing faith

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Broken Tivo Cable

Sorry, reposting to Tivo page

Hello,

Our power cable for our Tivo box is broken and I need to order a new one, but I'm having a nightmare trying to get through to customer service. I've made 6 calls which lead to dead ends regardless of the options I choose ('call centre closed'), have tweeted a few times (told to call, then text, now ignoring me), have texted (no response). The live chat took 2 hours to go through security yesterday afternoon, then 'transferred' me to technical, who replied at midday today while I was at work and now I'm back to square one. Apparently it's alright for Virgin to take 24 hours to reply but if you're not there when they do you're put to the back of the queue.

We did try to order a generic one off eBay but the jack was the wrong size and the Virgin box doesn't specify what would be the correct one.

Can someone please help us out? It should be a quick 10 min resolution but I've been ignored for 3 days straight.

Thank you! Losing faith

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broken Tivo Cable

Hi LicataView,

You need to contact the Faults team. 

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for replying. When I call the faults line it takes me through an automated test where it checks my tv signal and states it’s okay. Then the only option is receive a text with links or hang up. When I choose text, the text doesn’t arrive. 
My housemate and I have both texted the tech text number 2-3 days ago and no response. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi LicataView,

thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into with your TIVO cable, I am sorry you've been having some issue trying to get through to us for a replacement. Can I ask for confirmation of which cable is damaged please?

What happened when you realised it was damaged? 

Can you upload a small picture of it please? 

Thanks, 

Megan_L

0 Kudos