Menu
Reply
Mundiz
  • 4
  • 0
  • 0
Tuning in
1,433 Views
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Britbox UK

Will Virgin TV be adding the Britbox UK App?

0 Kudos
Reply
DJ_Shadow1966
  • 7.2K
  • 1.37K
  • 2.06K
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
1,400 Views
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Britbox UK

Hello

BritBox would have to come to an agreement to be able to broadcast on the Virginmedia Platform, currently there is nothing in the pipeline.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Reply
nodrogd
  • 17K
  • 1.99K
  • 4.16K
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
1,382 Views
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Britbox UK

There are currently NO providers that have BritBox on their STBs. The service is becoming available on more & more Smart TVs, removing the need for agreements with TV providers.

VM BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Reply
ozsat
  • 4.58K
  • 322
  • 869
Superstar
1,368 Views
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Britbox UK

BT added it to their set-top-boxes. BT customers could take up a free six-month subscription.


@nodrogd wrote:

There are currently NO providers that have BritBox on their STBs. The service is becoming available on more & more Smart TVs, removing the need for agreements with TV providers.


 

==================================
1.2Gb/55Mb in Area 31
0 Kudos
Reply
ozsat
  • 4.58K
  • 322
  • 869
Superstar
931 Views
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Britbox UK

You can now subscribe to Britbox via the Amazon Prime service which is available on V6 and 360 boxes.

It is £5.99pm - the same as subscribing direct.

==================================
1.2Gb/55Mb in Area 31
WoahWoahUser
  • 77
  • 4
  • 7
Dialled in
924 Views
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Britbox UK


@ozsat wrote:

You can now subscribe to Britbox via the Amazon Prime service which is available on V6 and 360 boxes.

It is £5.99pm - the same as subscribing direct.


Had to do that when they removed hayu as well, but the sound quality is terrible compared to the old hayu app which is a bit annoying, so it’s not used that much. 

0 Kudos
Reply
ozsat
  • 4.58K
  • 322
  • 869
Superstar
918 Views
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Britbox UK

I don't have any sound issues with Amazon Prime.


@WoahWoahUser wrote:

@ozsat wrote:

You can now subscribe to Britbox via the Amazon Prime service which is available on V6 and 360 boxes.

It is £5.99pm - the same as subscribing direct.


Had to do that when they removed hayu as well, but the sound quality is terrible compared to the old hayu app which is a bit annoying, so it’s not used that much. 


 

==================================
1.2Gb/55Mb in Area 31
0 Kudos
Reply