Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Box won't respond

My box is cycling though the start up pages and I can't break into it. Tried unplugging which doesn't work. One comment says to push the button with the green symbol on it. No such button on box and the button on the remote doesn't work. 

No response at all from Virgin. Call centre staff not working and live chat off. Can't email them either  - input box is full! I'd have thought all of these were ideal for home working, especially for a communication company. Not impressed!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Box won't respond

Virgin C/S staff are working - many of the foreign call centres have been closed, but others are still open and there are agents home-working. But they undoubtedly have some issues at the moment, and the "we're closed" message is indeed one of them.

You have 3 choices at the moment for reporting faults...

1: Use the text mesage service (07533 051809) - may take a few days

2: Wait on here for VM staff to respond, currently around a week.

3: Persist with 150 and don't give up until you get through, perhaps trying at different times of day. Not great I agree.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks. I'll try all 3

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

V6 box cycling though start up

My v6 box is cycling though the start up pages.  I've checked with the community and tried all the possible solutions suggested there and other technical advice sites up to and including a hard reset of the box but nothing is working. Standby light is cycling orange and white and all I'm getting on the TV are the "welcome" page etc. 

I've had no tv service for a week and I've been unable to contact Virgin (I'm listening to their musac at the moment. It gets very boring) but no one answers.

Can anyone help, please? Lockdown is bad enough without having no TV service.

Dave

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi craggerdave, 

Thanks for posting 🙂 

I just wanted to check in and see how the service has been since you last spoke to the team?

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re Box won't respond

Hi Natalie

Yes. Finally managed to talk to someone in you help centre and he's sent me a new box which I set up yesterday. Nice to have TV back!

The chap I spoke to was very helpful and sorted the problem out. Wonderful. 

Just to let you know that when you phone the help desk you sometimes get a recorded message saying the the centre is close due to the virus.  Not helpful. I posted this and was advised by another member of the community to keep trying. Once you get through your have some splendid people.

This again.

Dave

Tags (1)
0 Kudos