Menu
metsys7
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Box will not start

TiVo box failed last week.  Left it powered-off overnight.  Powered it back on, come up with the Welcome screen, and then moves onto 'Starting up' and does not do anything.  Luck enough we have another TiVo box that we can watch TV on.  I can hear the hard disk drive making a clicking noise like every second.  The TiVo box that is working, boot-up in 5 minutes.  The broken one I have left for 30 minutes and the screen has not changed.

Have been waiting on the phone for over 50 minutes, no answer.  Have used the text service to report the fault and last text someone was going to contact me.  The online fault site is no good for this type of fault.  On the TiVo diagnostic web screen, it reported both of my devices ended with the same serial number which was '000'.  The web page for the black screen comes up with a page not found.

All I want to do is speak to a human or get a replacement TiVo box sent out.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Box will not start

The HDD clicking noise is clear evidence, of itself, of a terminally ill box.

VM staff do respond on here, but their current turnaround is several days - so I don't recommend giving up on calling your fault through to C/S in the meantime.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HI metsys7, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that the TiVo box has developed a fault. This will either need a replacement box being sent out or an engineer to look into this for you. Can you confirm if you have since managed to get this resolved or still require assistance in resolving this? - Chris 

0 Kudos
metsys7
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for all your support on this, my TiVo box has now been replaced. Had to phone Virgin Support to arrange for an engineer to replace the box.
0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi metsys7, thanks for the message and we are happy to see that the box has now been replaced and resolved. We do not like faults and aim to get them resolved as soon as we can. Please let us know if you require any further assistance? - Chris 

0 Kudos