Menu
esseepee
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Box restarted during Masterchef final

We have just spent 5 weeks watching Masterchef for our V6 box deciding to restart in the final few minutes prior to the winner being announced causing us to miss the culmination of the competition. We were recording the program but the important minutes were missing from both recordings before and after the restart.Thanks for nothing once again Virgin Media.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Box restarted during Masterchef final

Are you able to watch the program on iPlayer?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The box would only restart if it detected a problem - they are not restarted remotely without you being on a call with them for a fault.

BBC iPlayer allows you to rejoin the current programme but from the start or midway through it.

@esseepee wrote:

We have just spent 5 weeks watching Masterchef for our V6 box deciding to restart in the final few minutes prior to the winner being announced causing us to miss the culmination of the competition. We were recording the program but the important minutes were missing from both recordings before and after the restart.Thanks for nothing once again Virgin Media.

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos
esseepee
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but I already knew who had won as when the tv came back on they had presented the winner and I player is not available immediately. It’s not just knowing who won it is following the program from start to finish like watching a football match for 60 mins and then someone telling you the final score.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@esseepee wrote:

Thanks but I already knew who had won as when the tv came back on they had presented the winner and I player is not available immediately. It’s not just knowing who won it is following the program from start to finish like watching a football match for 60 mins and then someone telling you the final score.

Ok, but why didn't you switch the TV off before the picture & sound restarted? Or even waited until after the program had finished before switching the TV back on? At that point the box would probably have settled down form its restart and iPlayer/VOD would have been available.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos