Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Box remains in starting up screen after each power loss

Hello, 

I have some problems with the TV box, each time I unplug it and power it up again, it remains in the startup screen, and remains there forever. 

I managed to fix this with the hard reset method, but now this doesn't even work anymore. No matter which buttons I keep pressing during the start up, it ignores them and just boots normally until the start up screen and sits there.

I actually had this issue from the beginning, but thought I maybe did something wrong. But now, after unplugging it several times as we bought some new furniture, I didn't succeed any more to get it back alive. 

The box itself is silent, you can hear a hard drive rotation sound and the LEDs on the front are blinking yellow and red, as well as the connection symbols (arrows and WiFi). 

I believe this box had some issues from the beginning as it is just 4weeks old now and never worked straight except of the first day of installation. Once I unplugged it after the setup was completed to install it inside the TV shelf, it stopped working properly.

I really don't understand what I do wrong. The Internet modem is working without any issues, even it is unplugged in the same way (I keep them next to each other, as I can't seperate them due to the cable arrangements. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Box remains in starting up screen after each power loss

You havent said - which box is it? TiVo, V6, 360 ?

If V6/360, how are you connecting it to the Hub - wifi or ethernet cable? If wifi - perhaps putting the box in a "cupboard" (TV shelf) has blocked the signal and so it doesn't connect? Try it on an ethernet cable as a test to see if it works ok.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I have a V6 box connected via ethernet cable (original supplied by virgin media). 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I manage to reset the box finally and let it do the magic again, and it went through the setup again, so I am able to watch for the moment, but I believe the power cut problem is still existing. I'll monitor the behaviour..... 

0 Kudos