cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Box keeps rebooting

angel-333
Tuning in

Hi. I am having the same problem that many others are. I get up in the morning, my TV is on and the V6 box keeps on rebooting, flashing. It's been doing it for almost a week. Thought I could sort it.
I texted a message recently to get the V360- I don’t know if this is why it’s happening. It seemed to start then. Don’t have new remote. Looks like I need a new box? Let me know what I need to do please. Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @angel-333 

If your V6 keeps rebooting then you need it replacing.

You should call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a tech visit.

Looking at recent post VM have discontinued the sms service. 

If you are still wanting to change to the TV360 box then you could try signing in to your online account via https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media  and click on upgrade package. There may be an offer there, and also possibly a link to the online chat messenger service where you can order the 360 conversion.  There is a fee for the conversion which I believe is still £24.99 (for the new remote) although it may be free if you are on either the Ultimate Volt or Ultimate Volt package. You can also speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112 but this method can take 4 to 6 hours as phone calls take priority.

The 360 is missing some of the bells and whistles of the tivo/V6 boxes so it might be a good idea to read the following post /Forum-Archive/360-Features-v-TIVO-Features/  

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Corinneangela
Knows their stuff

You will need to bite the bullet and call Virgin. You need a new box by the sound of it. It's likely that you will go through a load of pre-recorded messages until they send a link to your mobile phone. The link should then take you through testing the box and if they find a fault that needs an engineer they will arrange an appointment.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @angel-333 

If your V6 keeps rebooting then you need it replacing.

You should call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a tech visit.

Looking at recent post VM have discontinued the sms service. 

If you are still wanting to change to the TV360 box then you could try signing in to your online account via https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media  and click on upgrade package. There may be an offer there, and also possibly a link to the online chat messenger service where you can order the 360 conversion.  There is a fee for the conversion which I believe is still £24.99 (for the new remote) although it may be free if you are on either the Ultimate Volt or Ultimate Volt package. You can also speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112 but this method can take 4 to 6 hours as phone calls take priority.

The 360 is missing some of the bells and whistles of the tivo/V6 boxes so it might be a good idea to read the following post /Forum-Archive/360-Features-v-TIVO-Features/  

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks to all for advice given. 
I’ve called Virgin. They've tried to sort it out from there - done some diagnostic testing. The agent couldn’t initially locate my set-top box, despite the fact that everything was on and was working normally at the time. After switching everything on and off a couple of times, she could locate it. (This indicates something is wrong) Someone is meant to call me back tomorrow to see if everything is working properly. I’m pretty sure it won’t be! Will go from there. 
Fingers crossed. 
This all started when I initiated a text to Virgin regarding the V360. An engineer came out less than two months ago regarding another issue I was having with cabling and left me the information about V360. Someone was meant to call but I didn’t hear from Virgin. I don’t have V360 - I don’t have 360 remote.  

I would still appreciate a response from Virgin on this forum, as and when.
Thank you. 

Hey angel-333, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear about this,

I am going to send you a PM so we can take a look at this, please look out for my PM. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @angel-333,

Thank you for coming back to me and my colleague via private message and confirming your details. I have now booked you a technician visit for your ongoing TV box rebooting issue – you can check and amend the date and time of your appointment via your online account.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.
Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for responding so quickly to these issues. 

I spoke to one of the Virgin agents on Saturday. They did a remote reset which seems to have worked, at least for the time being. As the issues are not currently happening, I’ve cancelled the appointment for today. Should I reschedule instead? It seems a lot of people are having the same issues. 
Thanks for your help. 

Hi @angel-333, no problem at all.

We're glad to hear the remote reset appears to have resolved the problem for now.

Once an appointment has been cancelled, it can't be rescheduled. 

Nevertheless, if the problem reoccurs, please don't hesitate to let us know and it may well be the case we'll need to raise another appointment.

Regards,
Daniel