Menu
dracpac1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Box doesn't start - orange light

This has been so frustrating. For a couple of days now the V6 box I have downstairs used for my main viewing won't start up.
The Tivo box I have upstairs works perfectly fine as does the broadband and phone.

The power light is orange (not red) and there's no signal on the TV.

Reboot using the rocker power switch, just comes back with an orange light which flashes then stays steady. Sometimes it will show the "Welcome" screen too, but in either case the screen then goes black and doesn't respond to any further button presses.
I tried the "+ and power" button method, suggested elsewhere on this forum, and it does the same thing; "Welcome" for a minute or so and then nothing.

Can anyone help me? Anything else I can try?

Thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Box doesn't start - orange light

If the V6 won't complete the boot cycle or is stuck in it, you're best calling VM faults to report this. You can try powering it off at the mains for perhaps 5-10minutes to "break" the failure.

Sometimes a fresh software update can be forced remotely, but if not the necessary replacement/tech visit can be arranged.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi dracpac1,

Have you tried swapping the boxes around to help determine if the issue follows the box?

Have you run any tests on the box via the Check service status at the top of this page?

An amber (orange) light to the left of the Virgin Media logo (solid or blinking) means you don’t have full network connectivity.

To ensure your V6 is connected to the hub  go into Help & Settings > Settings > Network > Connect To The Virgin Media Service.

Make sure the test doesn't fail.

After it has completed the test, perform a restart by going Help & Settings > Clear or Restart TiVo Box > Restart. 

If that all fails then you either need to wait for a Forum Staff member to pick up your post or contact VM TV Faults

Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
dracpac1
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

It appears the box is dead and will not accept a signal at all.

VM have arranged an engineer for tomorrow afternoon to replace the box, so hopefully all will be well after this.

0 Kudos