Menu
Apocalypsecow
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Box doesn't start - orange light

This has been so frustrating. For a week now one of the two V6 boxes won't start up.
One box is perfectly fine, broadband and phone are fine.

The power light is orange (not red) and there's no signal on the TV.

Reboot using the rocker power switch, just comes back with an orange light which flashes then stays steady. Sometimes it will show the "Welcome" screen too, but in either case the screen then goes black and doesn't respond to any further button presses.
I tried the "+ and power" button method, suggested elsewhere on this forum, and it does the same thing; "Welcome" for a minute or so and then nothing.

Managed to get to speak to someone on the 150 number after many attempts and hours on hold.
She aggressively told me that because there was a fault reported in my area (even though I'm not experiencing that fault and it wasn't to do with VOD) that she could not arrange an engineer AND that call centre staff are not allowed to diagnose technical issues over the phone. I had to wait for the fault to clear and call back.

So a few days later I had an SMS saying the fault in my area is fixed (not that I reported it, and it still shows there is an area fault on the service page) but after 2 more days of hours on hold I've not got through to speak to someone. Not as I feel that will help.

Can anyone help me? Anything else I can try?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Box doesn't start - orange light

@Apocalypsecow wrote:

Managed to get to speak to someone on the 150 number after many attempts and hours on hold.
She aggressively told me that because there was a fault reported in my area (even though I'm not experiencing that fault and it wasn't to do with VOD) that she could not arrange an engineer AND that call centre staff are not allowed to diagnose technical issues over the phone. I had to wait for the fault to clear and call back.

If there are existing network faults in an area, it often prevents techs or appointments being booked. I'd like to think this would only affect "related" faults and that this wouldn't affect you if you have (what sounds to me like) a clear box fault, but......

You've done all the right things here, I've escalated this post to VM Forum staff to pick up. See whether they can shed any light for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Apocalypsecow
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Appreciate that, thank you!

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Apocalypsecow,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues with the light on your boxes. 

I have taken a look on our side and the area fault advised wouldn't affect the lights. We would also be able to assist further with this. 

What I will do is private message you so we can look into this further. 

^Martin