Menu
llauramcl
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Box Upgrade

Could someone please give me a wee bit of info regarding getting a newer virgin box?       I have had my current one for 4-5years and for the last 4months it is unresponsive with half the buttons on my remote meaning I can’t put the volume up and down, I can’t press play once I start fast forwarding or rewinding things and the numerical buttons don’t work meaning I can’t enter my pin no to watch recorded shows.                            Can anyone point me in the direction of who you actually contact regarding this? The people on the chat function say if I want a new box to phone the customer service number but then none of the options on that seem to cover requesting a new box?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Box Upgrade

You seem to be blaming the box here when all the symptoms appear to be with the remote control.

In particular the volume up/down function directly operates the tv controls & is nothing to do with the box.

I would suggest asking for a replacement remote before changing the box.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried new batteries?

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello llauramcl,

Welcome to our community forum page it's great to have you on board. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having and as Nodrogd has advised it does sound like the problem is with your remote control. 

If you could please give our customer care team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 we will then be able to order a new remote for you. 

Please keep us posted with how you get on?

Dean C