cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Box Slow Starting Up

Vk78
Joining in

Last week an engineer visited as I’d been having problems with my internet dropping out for quite some time, he was fantastic and set up new wiring to my hub and box as I had old cabling (I think).  Since his visit however the box is taking ten minutes to start up from standby, we then get a C130 message and a lot of our channels have “to be announced” instead of the programme name.  Can anybody help?

1 REPLY 1

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's two issues here, just to answer the C130 & EPG showing "To be announced", this is typical of a V6 without a working internet connection.

The box gets its internet (which is used for OnDemand, streaming & various updates) from your homehub, and this connection can be wired or wireless. If you have an Ethernet cable connected to your V6, it will disable the wireless even if the cable is connected to thin-air... so how is yours connected?

If you follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, the box reports its connection in the top-right corner. What does yours report?

The solution to your issue is likely to be found in the answers to these two questions.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks