Menu
SDimps
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Box Not Working

I have 2 boxes, 1 in the living room, and 1 in the bedroom.

The living room box has stopped working. There is no signal being received.

I exchanged the living room box with the bedroom box and this one is fine.

When i plug the other box back in again, nothing.

I believe this box is faulty, and I have been trying to get through on the phone to get this replaced. I get the same message about testing can't find a problem, and I can't seem to get through to anybody. I have been trying on and off for a few weeks.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Box Not Working

Hi SDimps,

Sorry to see you are having major issues with your 2nd set top box. Unfortunately telephoning is the quickest way to get this swapped over for you.

Have you tried signing into Service status at the top of this page? It shows any local faults and you can also run a test against the V6 box. By doing this VM should be able to try and connect to your box and determine what  the problem is. Sometimes this results in them sending out a replacement and/or engineer.

However if that doesn't work then you need to contact the Faults team on 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues 

When calling Faults hopefully the system will recognise that you've used the online faults checker and place you into a queue for an agent to pick up.

If not and you get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support, tests etc , ignore the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days.  However, I think this method will send you round in circles again doing online tests.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
SDimps
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your quick reply.

Telephoning is not the quickest way, I have tried phoning but find I get a quicker response when using the online forum.

I have checked the service status before messaging here, if there was a fault in the service, the other box wouldn't work either.

I'll try once more and then cancel my account and direct debit.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I suggested looking at your online account, not so much to check for any service faults but because "It shows any local faults and you can also run a test against the V6 box. By doing this VM should be able to try and connect to your box and determine what  the problem is. Sometimes this results in them sending out a replacement and/or engineer."

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@SDimps wrote:

Telephoning is not the quickest way, I have tried phoning but find I get a quicker response when using the online forum.

The two best ways to report service faults are currently calling in, or using the text message service. Texting tends to have a day or so response time, calling often means queuing (many companies, not just Virgin Media) but is ultimately quicker.

@SDimps wrote:

I'll try once more and then cancel my account and direct debit.

Just to make you aware, think long and hard before cancelling your regular payments. It doesn't serve to cancel your account, and (whatever your service issues are), will almost certainly make your situation more difficult in the long run.

It's your choice, but is something I would advise against.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
SDimps
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I understand calling in the fault may be the best way, but after having several attempts, the service in my opinion is terrible.

I don't intend to cancel my payments until my contract ends which will be in 3-4 weeks. I have already made enquiries about other services and will move my TV back to where I had it previously.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@SDimps wrote:

I don't intend to cancel my payments until my contract ends which will be in 3-4 weeks. I have already made enquiries about other services and will move my TV back to where I had it previously.

That's entirely fair enough, and probably a sensible approach. Just be aware that unless you've explicitly given VM your cancellation notice (which you can do by phone or post), then your contract won't end until you do.

I would also suggest you don't give that notice until you have service from your new supplier installed and working - IMO better to have overlap of suppliers than the risk of the disconnection working, before the new install is proven ok.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos